Spring is just around the corner and most of us ladies are currently pasty white, several pounds overweight and incredibly self-conscious about our bodies. Unfortunately, I can’t help you with any of that but I can tell you what is super-hot for spring in the wardrobe arena.
I don’t pretend to have the fashion answers, I do love clothing but my obsession with style is a more recent development. Have no fear ladies, I polled a very fashionable lady in Grand Rapids and I am passing her knowledge onto you.
According to Gina VanGessel of Gina’s Boutique, there are several trends you need to be aware of this upcoming season:
· The silhouette to watch for is the drop waist which will be making an appearance in dresses and tunics. (already bought 2 of these at Gina’s)
· Get ready to show your midsection. Our stomachs are going to get some attention this spring – either fully visible or showing through fabric, it’s going to be all about your abs. It’s crunch time ladies!
· The featured color palette is pastels. Fashion Week runways are full of light pinks, greens, yellows, and oranges.
· Prints are also will be huge this season, often coupled with pastels. What is the # 1 print you ask? Birds. Yep, birds. You will see Hummingbirds, swans, and pheasants flying their way in and out of your closet (I couldn’t resist).
· Florals will also make an appearance on t-shirts, dresses and tunics.
· Lastly, the fabric choice for spring 2012 is matte satin. This is a great combo because it marries a casual and formal look.
To assist you in tackling these trends and updating your spring wardrobe, Gina’s Boutique has agreed to give 10% off any spring item to all Mode Life readers. Simply mention this article and bam, 10% off.