Dear chica, I’m so proud of who you are. I’ll keep this short and sweet because I know you well. You’re slightly distracted thinking about that paper due at 3 o’clock and the big party tomorrow night. Take a sec to hear me out though. I, too, am worried about my 3 o’clock deadline, picking up the kids from daycare, and making a networking event on time. I only have a few minutes to share what I’ve learned.
Trust me when I say, you will grow up to be a strong woman who doesn’t take herself too seriously. So don’t fret the small stuff!
How to make it through your 20′s:
- Stay true to your identity, whatever it may be at the time. It will evolve and be your biggest ally and protector.
- Own your ideas and opinions. Always stand behind them even if others don’t. Confidence is power.
- It may seem that you have too many ideas or interests, but that will help you grow into a well rounded, interesting woman.
- Take the lows and seriously learn from them. You’ll feel better highs. (No, I’m not referring to drugs.)
- Keep in touch with your closest friends and family and show them you care. (Yes, even your school buds far away in Europe. A cool website called Facebook will come out to help you manage all of it.) Those are the ones who will help when you’re frantically trying to be the perfect wife or in hot labor with your first child.
- Don’t waste time on people who don’t show you they care. Those are the people who won’t help when you’re frantically trying to be the perfect wife or in hot labor with your first child.
- Do things because they make you happy. When you’re happy, others around you will be too.
- Enjoy the journey. There is plenty of time to be an adult.
I love you to pieces!
Your Older Self