Recently I’ve become obsessed with Hot yoga (also known as Bikram Yoga). Wikepedia describes Hot Yoga as yoga exercises performed in hot and humid temperatures. I currently attend the Funky Buddah Yoga Hothouse in my city, but it seems intimidating to everyone I ask to join me.
Did you know that hot yoga, aside from being the best hour and fifteen minutes of my day, has many health benefits?
1. Flexibility: We all know that yoga makes us more flexible. Yoga in a 95 degree room is great because you’re operating at basically the same temperature that you body is anyway, so you’re already warmed up! When your muscles are more flexible, you’re at less risk for injury.
2. Stress Relief: Hot yoga helps relax the mind and the body.
3. You burn more fat: In hot yoga, you burn more fat than a regular yoga class. It is common to lose centimeters in a short time of hot yoga practice.
4. Your feel stronger: Your body is stronger, but you also strengthen your will power, and your ability to challenge yourself, since hot yoga requires lots of concentration.
5. Your skin looks better: Sweat makes our body release toxins. It’s a natural detox, plus your skin has a healthy sweaty glow
For more information about Hot Yoga and its benefits, click here.
If you like this post about Health, See below for other posts like it: